I write this as I am leaving on a jet plane for a whole 10 days for Mexico! :) A country I have never visited but always knew I needed to someday. Well, that someday has arrived. In only 10 short hours I plan to be sipping margaritas next to the pool and soaking in the evening stars from across our nation.
The first stop on my adventure is to take 3 days to relax. Sit and relax and breathe. Kate and I are flying down extra early to take some time for ourselves. To breathe again after shooting 38 weddings this year (whew!) and to take a big deep breath to prepare and dream about what 2011 holds for me, my family and my business. I want to ignore Twitter, ignore my e-mail and ignore Facebook…sorry friends, I love you….but e all know how many times I have blabbed on this blog about the importance of taking time for Emily. To be Emily. To think for Emily and to dream bigger than I ever would have imagined! :) So, that is what I plan to do. Oh…and of course maybe knit a few items on the beach while I’m there! :)
And then my second stop is to meet, visit and experience the fabulous Jose Villa and his ahh-mazing workshop in Guadalajara! :) This is the portion that I am almost peeing my pants about. I have admired Jose’s photographs for 900 years and I think that the beauty he captures is stunning. I really REALLY have high expectations about this experience and I CAN NOT wait for what it will bring to my and my business!!!! :) I know it will blow my mind.
Oh…but I must confess that I also do have a few other small “goals” while on my short vacay in Mexico such as….
1. Pet a donkey (or ride one up a mountain with my bags strapped to the side) I really do believe that I will get off the plane in Guadalajara, walk across the runway to my awaiting donkey that will take me to my room. I hope to take video of this when it happens! :)
2. Wear a sombrero. And like it! :)
3. Learn a few works in spanish (really my current Spanish talent extends to Bano……so I guess I’ll know where to pee while I’m there! :)
4. Eat some fabulous Mexican food (which I’m SURE will happen) This IS my favorite food group by the way (well…besides ice cream)
5. Drink a shot of tequila! :)
So…have a few fun weeks in the midwest friends. I’ll see you in a few days with some stories I hope are unforgettable! :)